There’s a vision in my mind for workflow that involves VMs and GPU passthrough. The idea is to have a stable foundation (e.g. Debian) and spring off various VMs as seen in the chart
- Arch for proton gaming.
- Ubuntu for work.
- Windows for audio and non-proton games.
- NixOS for anything else.
I wish I could use NixOS for the base but I am unable to find much documentation for #VFIO. The most promising one are
- https://astrid.tech/2022/09/22/0/nixos-gpu-vfio/ (2022)
- https://forum.level1techs.com/t/nixos-vfio-pcie-passthrough/130916 (2018)
- https://gist.github.com/CRTified/43b7ce84cd238673f7f24652c85980b3 (2018)
- https://gist.github.com/techhazard/1be07805081a4d7a51c527e452b87b26 (2017)
#NixOS #VM #KVM #QEMU #Virtualization